ARCHIVES CALENDAR

March 2020
M T W T F S S
« Feb   Apr »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

HEADLINES

MOST POPULAR POSTS

TWITTER

TAG CLOUD

FEATURES

CATEGORIES OF THE POSTS

FOLLOW US

RSS
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn
Instagram
VK

ARCHIVES OF THE POSTS

STATISTICS

  • 196
  • 7
  • 278
  • 27
  • 1,415
  • 4,739
  • 51,962
  • 6,400,036
  • 115,893
  • 113
  • 6
  • 2020-05-23

House-Monument with Gothic Façade

Around Rūdninkų Square in the Old Town of Vilnius, there are several houses-monuments like in Karmelitų St. with renovated Gothic details on the exterior and the 17th-century decorative roof beams in the interior [...]

The Renaissance Palace Garden in Vilnius

The Renaissance garden of the Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania in Vilnius was established by the Lithuanian Grand Duchess of the Italian origin Bona Sforza (1494-1557) in the first half of the 16th century [...]

Church of the Heart of Jesus and the Convent of the Visitationists in Vilnius

The Church of the Heart of Jesus, or the Visitationists Church and the Convent of the Visitationists is situated in Vilnius out of the Old Town close to the Missionary Church, and together they constitute an impressive ensemble on the Saviour Hill that can be seen well from different sites of the city of Vilnius [...]

Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania (Inside)

In 1988 the book stocks of the Library amounted to 5 million volumes. The initiative of readers increased immensely. The Library mounted a number of meetings and events dedicated to eminent cultural personalities who started the movement of National Revival in past years [...]

The Old Arsenal in Vilnius

The Old Arsenal, today the Museum of Applied Art, is a massive two-story building that was build-up by the Polish King and the Grand Duke of Lithuania in the early 16th century over part of the old city wall at the east of the complex of the Upper and Lower Castles, furthest from the grand-ducal palace, thus minimizing the risk from any fire in it [...]

The Church of St. George the Martyr

The Church of St.George the Martyr in Vilnius was built in 1506 for the Carmelite monks who had settled in the Radziwiłł Estate and for whose maintenance Vilnius Voivode Michael Radziwiłł allotted land and funding as well [...]