ARCHIVES CALENDAR

October 2020
M T W T F S S
« Sep    
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

HEADLINES

MOST POPULAR POSTS

TWITTER

TAG CLOUD

FEATURES

CATEGORIES OF THE POSTS

FOLLOW US

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
VK

ARCHIVES OF THE POSTS

STATISTICS

  • 58
  • 16
  • 75
  • 16
  • 584
  • 3,112
  • 54,817
  • 6,414,938
  • 119,807
  • 118
  • 6
  • 2020-10-28

Church of St. Anne (Interior)



Hits: 41

The organ is located under the surviving rib vaults

An image of St. Anne is located on the main altar

The rib vaults


All photos are copyrighted by Vladislav B. Sotirovic

© Vladislav B. Sotirovic 2018

[wpedon id=”1558″ align=”left”]

 

RELATED POSTS
Church of St. Anne
Church of St. Anne (left) and Bernardine Church (right). The church of St. Anne is a unique monument of red firebrick Gothic architecture in LithuaniaSt. Anne Church, designed in 1495-1500 by Benedikt Rejt, built up at the turn of the 15th century, and renovated in 1902-1909. 35 different kinds of brick were used help in creating the church. The façade was reinforced in 1960-1970St. Anne Church - a church which French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte wanted to put on his palm and carry it over to Paris. The Church of St. Anne is symmetrical, marked by graceful, pointed forms that continue upwardAll photos are copyrighted by Vladislav B. Sotirovic© Vladislav B. Sotirovic 2018
Continue Reading
Church of St. Francis and St. Bernardine
The main façade of the church includes two small towers, while further there is an octagonal bell tower, and a tympanum adorned with wavy Baroque contoursThe church is large, with a length of 42,2 m, area of 24 m, and height of 19 m. Many famous Lithuanian-Polish nobles are buried in the churchThe church had a defensive role, which was typical of the churches of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The church was possessing four towers and a gallery with firing openings under the roof All photos are copyrighted by Vladislav B. Sotirovic© Vladislav B. Sotirovic 2020[wpedon id="1558" align="left"]
Continue Reading
The Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences
The Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences was established in 1941 together with the Academy of Sciences, in the building of the former State Wróblewski LibraryBetween two world wars, State Wróblewski Library was one of the largest libraries in Vilnius. It was founded by lower Tadeusz Wróblewski. In 1941, the new Library inherited from it some 163.000 volumes, more than 35.000 manuscripts, large collections of numismatics, cartography, and artworksAfter WWII, the Library was supplemented by extensive collections from other libraries. Today, its stocks count more than 3.77 mln itemsAll photos are copyrighted by Vladislav B. Sotirovic© Vladislav B. Sotirovic 2020[wpedon id="1558" align="left"]
Continue Reading
Church of St. Bartholomew
The Church of St. Bartholomew is located behind the gate, in a courtyard, in the district of Užupis in Vilnius across Vilnia River. Probably, the church is smallest in VilniusThe first wooden church on this place was built up in the mid-17th century but soon was burned down and in 1788 was replaced by a Classical brick one. The church acquired its present-day form at the end of the 19th centyry when the tower was addedDuring the 1794 uprising, the church was damaged and rebuilt as late as 1824 in the eclectic style. A belfry was erected in 1881All photos are copyrighted by Vladislav B. Sotirovic© Vladislav B. Sotirovic 2020[wpedon id="1558" align="left"]
Continue Reading
Church of St. Anne
Church of St. Francis and St. Bernardine
The Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences
Church of St. Bartholomew

Share
Tags: , , ,